104. John Hosier was born on 7 March 1756 in St. Leondards, Shoreditch, London, England.13,148 He died on 7 November 1834 at the age of 78 in Chautauqua Co., New York.148,215 He served in the Revolutionary War enlisting Dec. 25, 1776 and served with Col. Lewis Dubois, Capt. Thomas Lee's N.Y. Line. Prior to this he enlisted at Beekmantown, Dutchess Co., NY. and served under Gen. Sullivan in his expedition against the Indians. He was discharged at Morristown, NY Dec. 25, 1779. He was at Fort Montgomery when it was taken by the British. His leg was broken and shattered. He later received a pension number 2,469. He filed for his pension at Dunkirk, Chautauqua Co., NY April 17, 1818. He was a resident of Marcellus, Onondaga Co., NY at this time, and was 62 years old. He later lived at Harmony, Chautauqua Co., NY. He died Nov. 7, 1834. There has been some doubt of death date due to someone in the pension office June 7, 1928 wrote down a date without reading his pension file. Children were not listed in his pension file, so the children named are the people of the right age found in the right location.
From Abigail Ferris & James Clason, by Fay Morehouse Medhaug, April 1987.
105. Polly Carly was born in 1760.215
|Thomas Hosier was born (date unknown).|
|Jacob Hosier was born in 1777.155 He died in 1783 at the age of 6.155|
|Henry Hosier was born in 1800 in Dutchess Co., New York.211 He died on 22 December 1873 at the age of 73.133 He was buried in Poor House Cemetery, Dewittville, Chautauqua Co., New York.133 On the 1850 Census of Harmony, Chautauqua Co., New York the family is indexed as Hoscier. Henry, Jane, Jemima, Abram, Hannah, John, and James. Henry is a farmer.|
On the 1860 U. S. Census of Harmony, Chautauqua Co., New York, Henry is a shoemaker and his family consists of his wife Jane and children Marie, John B., and James.
Henry, Harmony, CC-115
Henry Hosier ,
Enlistment Date: 07 August 1862
Distinguished Service: Side Served: Union
State Served: New York
Unit Numbers: 1423 1423
Service Record: Enlisted as a Private on 07 August 1862 at the age of 44
Enlisted in Company F, 154th Infantry Regiment New York on 25 September 1862.
Received a disability discharge Company F, 154th Infantry Regiment New York on 26 February 1863
* Widow Jane pensioned NY, July 29, 1874
* Hosier, Henry (F)--ca. 1801; Vanrensselaer, New York;
December 21, 1873; Blockville, New York; data from the NY 154th
* Henry actually died in Dewittville at the Poor house or one Henry HOSIER of Harmony, of the same age did, and is said to be buried here, Blockville cemetery records state a Henry is there and served the 112th, NO Henry Hosier served there.
On the 1870 Harmony, Chautauqua Co., New York Census Henry Hosier appears with Jane and John B. and Hannah.