Veterans Organizations
Disabled American Veterans (DAV)

     The Disabled American Veterans organization is one of the oldest Veterans Service Organizations.  I won't go into it's full history here, I'll leave that to their organization's website to address.  Just suffice it to say that they have one of the best, if not the best, claims representation records of any of the VSO's that are chartered by Congress.  I spent almost eight years as a Veterans Service Officer for the Department of Missouri DAV, and have a very fond memory of all the veterans that were in my service area (John J. Pershing VA Medical Center, Southeast Missouri).
     If you have a lingering disability that was incurred as a result of your service to the United States military, you owe it to yourself and your family to seek just compensation from the US Government.  This is NOT a welfare program, it is compensation for a loss your suffered while on active duty, and for which the US Government has accepted responsibility for.  Contact your nearest DAV service officer, there is usually one at every VA Medical Center, and a claims office at every VA Regional Office.  The DAV website can provide contact numbers and addresses to the nearest DAV Veterans Service Officer.

Copyright 1997-2012 John P. Kirkpatrick
All Rights Reserved

Page Last Updated:  30 January 2012
"BACK" KEY TO